Dear 2013, where did you go?
This year has been such a whirl wind for me. My husband got back from deployment, we did our first marathon in Disney at Princess Half Marathon, vacationed with my parents, had our WEDDING, had an amazing honeymoon, moved on base, then another deployment.
I am thankful the deployments seem to move fast for me, but I could hold on to those happier moments and events a little longer. I am so happy to be blogging not only to keep in touch with family, be involved in the blogging community, but for my own to look back on our life.
Last week wishes:
You can read them here. But I am going to start with the bad news first:
- I only got I got one of the cars fixed, and it cost a ton of money 🙁 . Sad.
On to the better news:
- I got my car fixed! 😉
- I started reading again, and trying to make it a weekly thing to get to the library. Last week I picked up a pre-pregnancy read to see what I need to be thinking about for when we start a family. Yes I know I have months on end till he returns and any of it matters – I just like to know things 🙂
- Start my 24 day Challenge!! I am LOVING it. I step on the scale tomorrow at the doctors office, and let me just say I am so glad I decided to do this the day after thanksgiving. I had an extra 5 lbs staring back at me on that scale the day I started the cleanse and I seriously was ANGRY. I will be giving you an update after the cleanse portion is over, but for now just know I am full of energy and loving it!
This weeks wishes :
- Read my magazines – So I got this idea from Heather and her December Goals, realizing Holy crap I have a stack of about 3 months of magazines. We were gone for a long time this summer and in Vegas for a month- and well I never caught up. Going to Mr. Olympia got me a free subscription to Shape too, so add that to the ranks. I decided not to renew any of my subscriptions right now, just being frugal and budgeting out my money. I do have TWO Disney trips coming up. I would much rather save my $ for that. Thankfully I shop at the commissary on base where there are NO magazines temping me at the checkout!! My kryptonite!
- Get ONE day on my fitbit where I get all 4 dots. I do not want to lower my goals as I do not think 10,000 steps a day is a hard goal- but apparently I am a sloth and would like to do this!!
- Meal plan a little better– While I am alone I am shopping for two, and I may have ate about 6 Ghirardelli chocolate squares last night. I did not have any thing that was going to stop my craving for chocolate. I wont lie I could have had a few more than 6- It is better than last deployment where I had many more chocolates than that when stressed!
- BONUS wish- Plan out my Tinkerbell Weekend and what to see and do in Disneyland, I have never been! I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my first trip to California and The original Disney 🙂
Daisy just wanted to sit on me all morning, she had NO idea how productive I was going to be today ( me either honestly!)
Also , I went and picked up a workout video from the library today ( Hello Jillians Ripped in 30!) because I am cheap frugal and I wanted a new workout. While there I saw Harry Potter movies- I decided I needed to read the books it has been years! Well after refusing to ask for help from a pretty grumpy librarian, I found those books. in the secluded separate glass wall kiddo room. Yes. Along with learning to read and picture books, there is a waist high limit on shelving, which OF COURSE meant Harry Potter was on the bottom shelf. So I get my 5’9” frame to bend and it still was not good enough, so then I was on the floor to get the book ( I made the decision to grab book # 2 too because i knew I did not want to do THAT again for a while) . SO I definitely struggled to get up, and I am pretty sure a little kid laughed at me but man did I not enjoy that glass wall where all the adults could see me crawling on the floor too. I think it should at LEAST be out of the kid room and on the young adult shelves where I do not have to get on the FLOOR.
haha – I am just whining. It is funny, so please laugh a little with me 😉