Listen moms and dads, actually….. LISTEN anyone who hoards photos and has a full phone or iCloud. This app is for you. I found it about 8 months ago after many people had told me about this mystical magical solution- I finally listened because I was deleting precious photos off my iCloud, I couldn’t remember what I printed, and uploading each little clip of a video to my private YouTube channel I made to store videos of my son was excruciatingly painful. You know after you delete from your iPhone, it leaves the cloud too? cries
So what is my magic solution?
GooglePhotos is the best app for saving all your photos in one place. One home for your all your photos- organized and easy to find.
Seriously. Right now download it to your computer, phone, and tablet. Start syncing. If you are like me? It took a week. I do not kid. I am a hoarder of all things baby photos and videos. Syncing just from my phone TOOK A WEEK! My computer, camera, and old phones did not take as long.
Things I LOVE about the app-
- It frees up your cloud. You can safely know all your photos are safe up with your Gmail account. ( yes you can keep it private)
- You can use it from your computer, phone, tablet- all your photos. Kind of how I wanted the cloud to work- but you know if you delete off your phone- it leaves the cloud!!
- It takes organized to a whole new level, and combines all you’re favorite ways to search/organize as well as “On this day” over the years as well.
- Since its is accessible on my computer I uploaded 30 plus video clips to my private YouTube channel in MINUTES where I could mass edit, set to private, and change names and dates on the videos! Since I have no idea how to make a video CD/DVD of my phone clips this is as good as it gets for me saving videos of my kid for now. ( Please let me know if you have a great way to say cell videos of your little !)
- IT is UNLIMITED with your Gmail account. I have printed old pictures off and even though not original size, it is still printable for what I did.
I love love love this app. It AUTO SYNCS for me and I don’t have to worry about deleting photos, and losing them from the cloud. Google is there to save me! It syncs and works with so many online applications as well, it seriously blows my mind it took me so long to discover. I LOVE helping people find the miracle that is Google Photos.
It has photo editing right in the app
- An all-new set of smart, dynamic filters to enhance photos in one tap.
- Advanced editing controls to tweak lighting, color, and more, including an innovative Deep Blue slider that adds color to sky and water
- More movies, made for you: your child’s first months, holiday traditions over time, highlights from the year, and more – all easily editable
I have told friends as they run into the same full cloud issues and fear of losing photos when they broke their phone- it has been magic for them as well!
SERIOUSLY. Google Photos app- where your photos are automatically backed up and saved for you- without you thinking or doing a thing. Besides setting it up to do so.
Ok- Let me know your tricks for saving all your cell phone media. I print a little book every month of photos to make sure I have “real” photos too, but what about all the video clips?