Is your house one of those perfectly cleaned houses I see in lifestyle blogs? Or do you hire a cleaning lady?
Move along, I mean unless you want to do my house too! I spent hours it seemed yesterday deep cleaning only two rooms. I mean I was gone a month, but I did clean this house upside down before I left. HOW does a house collect so much dust and piles of my junk? In a week.
Remember when I talked about how I had my healthier life style down more when I was 20 here? Well, for a little while there I was really good about cleaning “public” spaces – read anywhere a visitor could see our apartment it was fairly nice looking. My room? Err.. I have never gotten a hang of laundry going nicely in a closet. lifelong problem. It is in there nice now.. just do not look in my car. * 3 loads waiting to be put away*
Naturally I am blogging, sitting in my freshly cleaned bamboo sheets (from our honeymoon), and not doing things I am supposed to; as far as deep cleaning goes.
Eh, but my husband is coming home. You know the organized, cleaning, better half of our duo? I would like the house not to be too crazy messy to overwhelm him. I want it to be clean, but looking nice works for me too.
So I was blaming the lack of cleaning on being too sore from bootcamp, lets be real- I am lazy. I do not enjoy cleaning, especially certain tasks. I do however want my house to be ready for company.
I am a huge fan of the magazine Real Simple. Anyone else? ? Anyways, since I love making lists upon end- they are the magazine for me. Life, beauty, home, money, and ways to be organized anywhere. BUT have you READ their list for a quick and easy clean?? Oh no. That is not easy, nor fast. Stop lying.
This is not a deep cleaning list, it is not a weekly list, this is a daily spot clean to have a home looking semi nice for drop by visitors list. Aka Lazy.
First- how to get into super pumped ready to clean mood.
- Put on red lipstick. (seriously, I have been doing it for any task I do not like since I was in college, it works!)
- If you do not feel like red lipstick, something else fun- jewelry, a tiara, anything that makes you happy. It is normally something that does not get worn enough, it will make you clean – I mean you prepped yourself for a 30 minute speed clean, you better put it to good use.
- Music. If you like noise- pump up to oldies that make you want to sing, top 40, anything that makes you want to get moving around. It will make you clean faster.
- Get every single cleaning agent and supply out. Set in appropriate areas for use. race around to put it where it needs to go.
- You should learn to get out of bed in a way that the bed looks made already. Now, just straiten it up like it is. Haha. Kinda kidding- but I really never make my bed. Husband does it. It does always look nice all made up and pretty..
- Push any crap on your bedside table into a neat pile. ( Get to that some day before it is bigger than a little pile)
- Ehh, clothes. Hang them, fold them, or leave them in their basket. Just put them somewhere people cant see them. If you do laundry every day- get those suckers away. I do not. I like to live out of the basket/pile. I would make laundry a monthly or weekly chore, not daily. Whatever floats your boat.
- Wipe down counters, stove, microwave, into the sink or floor. Fast. easy. You will get to it in a second. Put anything away that should be back in its home. Mail? Put that in the office. That is later.
- Rinse down the sink, while doing so rinse off those dishes you left in there. Make sure the crap from the counters makes it into the sink and rinse it all down. If you have a gross sink? Fill it with water, add soap, leave soaking
- Swiffer your floor. Take out the trash while floor dries.
- Once floor has dried return to sink, pull the plug and run the disposal to let that super soapy water clean the disposal. I do not wipe the sink down, unless it needs a sponge for any left over stuff. Normally another rinse and it dries sparkly.
- Your kitchen should be pretty decent looking and only takes 5 minutes or less.
- Get those blue bleach ( pet safe ) tablets for your toilet. There, you don’t have to scrub your toilet ever again. Good normal cleaning, then drop those tablets in? Boom. I never see any buildup. Dollar store y’all!
- Fold the towels or hang them nice. Instant bathroom appeal.
- Mirrors look bad? Spray, wipe, use cloth to shine up sink – and anything weird on your counters like toothpaste or hair.
- Close shower curtain, put away things that belong in drawers, and in 2-3 minutes it looks put together, and is wiped up.
Any other areas of your house.
- Wipe crumbs, smudges, and pick up trash along the way.
- Make piles of each persons things. Set in obvious place that they must see their pile is growing, needs their attention, or you will throw it away.
- Fluff couch, fold blankets, find all the remotes and controllers and put in one place.
- Swiffer for me, or vacuum if you have carpet.
- Run the Vacuum through the rest of the house.
- Sometimes instead of sweeping I set my vacuum on bare floor and hit it, then vacuum the rest of the house.
Done. I did this today, and I have a house that looks FAR cleaner than when I tried to deep clean one room at a time like yesterday. It took me hours yesterday, and literally 20 minutes today.
House looked like a tornado hit it yesterday- only with a really clean bedroom and bathroom. House looks awesome today.
So Not a deep cleaning itinerary, nor a weekly, just really a bare minimum list to make your house look like you have your life together, and not lazy.
I am totally lazy. I accept this.