So I used to follow Martha Stewart’s method. Listen it sometimes worked it mostly didn’t. On our whole 30 eggs, especially hard boiled, are our meal in a bag. We use a ton! I searched the Internet for help. Ok I searched Pinterest and started trying EVERY SINGLE METHOD.
Put in before boiling
Put a lid on
… the list was endless.
Here are my FOOL proof steps I’ve discovered:
- Your eggs can be fresh from the farmers market or Walmart- it doesn’t matter
- Boil water to the hardest rolling boil ever! ( MY FIRST GAME CHANGER)
- I add salt because I like it
- Add vinegar- you can measure 1 tbsp per 4 cups of water or just splash it in the pot like me ( GAME CHANGER number two)
- Add eggs with slotted spoon
- Once all in the bath timer set for 14 minutes
- As soon as they finish right into ice water or as cold as your tap gets water
- Peel quickly!
- I like to peel under water- I can grab that little membrane between shell and egg and the water helps the shell just glide off no matter now resistant. Runing water is nice because the shells wash into my pot then I can drain and discard the shells with ease 😬
Ok that’s it! Let me know if it works for you !