So it’s sad that when I disappeared from blogging my stats went up by insane numbers…like 200%!! It’s crazy. I get offers daily for products books etc and I have zero time to even respond to said emails. I finished up paid campaigns I had in December and stopped accepting the invites on blogher, for now. I completed an influenster vox just because I still like trying new things and it was not super stringent. Yet, I still almost missed simple deadlines for it.
I am not managing my time very well lately. But I guess working 50-65 hours a week will do that to a person, right?
I never plan to fully ignore this space, and hoped to find time once or twice a week to keep myself accountable, as well as connecting back with all my online friends! I will have a pretty cool ( and large!) giveaway coming up for you all looking for more natural sources of energy. Stay tuned, it goes live Monday!
So as far as goals for last year: We have the good and the not as good.
Save 15k: We didn’t make it to saving 15k. We did however make it to 10k. Yay! As of this moment we are working on rounding 14k so we are super close! It does help I work again..
Set up an IRA/ROTH IRA for the hubby and Contribute to mine: Well, got his set up and he is plugging along full speed. I although probably only contributed 200 dollars to mine. .
Save for a car: This was half way completed. We put $7k down on our 2009 Ford Escape and didn’t have to take much out. Thankfully it should be paid off this summer, or hopefully sooner!
Set up “big purchase” fund ( Baby, Car, Vacations): So we set this one up pretty quickly and for many months did awesome scheduling “payments” to our Capital One 360 Savings accounts. It works for us to see it separated out and look at our goals this way. Setting it up like a payment we have to make immediately makes it a must in our budget.
Stop trying to keep up with the Jones’s: I am just going to say we had some kick ass months, and then we had some mega failure months. I am talking had to empty out all our vacation savings to pay off a credit card months. It has been a slow progression, and learning curve. I can tell we have made many changes, but I know we both will always have to be weary of our spending. I think that’s more normal than just being good at it. For me I know I work an insane amount of hours and feel like I am missing out on life. So when we get precious days off together I want to go big, because I know the next one could be a month away. So going out to dinner more, buying a little more things than necessarily needed, but we are both saving like crazy as well so it feels right for now.
So for 2015 my goals are a lot less revolved about getting our finances in check, and adding some new focus areas in.
- Pay off the car! We were able to pay our student loans off this Christmas and it was one of the most glorifying moments to say goodbye to all that debt. I can not wait till we get to scream ” WE ARE DEBT FREEEEE” to Dave Ramsey. Yes, I plan on calling in to his show. hehe.
- Relax more– I need to start saying more “no” to work, and more yes to me. I plan on making sure one day a week I am decompressing, doing something awesome, and keeping it as dynamic and ever changing as to what that is as we all know I have ADD and need the variety 😉
- Document my infertility story. I am not ready to talk about the process I have been going through fully, but I want to be able to have a small reminder of there are good and bad moments and to keep looking forward.
- Friendship’s I had one friend tell me it was like I was deployed because she had not seen me since I started working. Which is true. I have lost a lot of time, and in turn lost contact with many of my friends. I think I am a little more sad than I thought with so many of my friends PCSing ( Permanent Change of Station) to other bases – I am looking at you ladies all headed overseas!!!
- Blogging: I miss this blog! I miss connecting with all of my online friends and people who just get me!! I enjoy this creative space of the internet that is all mine, both in online journal and ability to share real life stories to hopefully help someone else searching for support online.
Lot less set up our future and get finances in order, more self-care. I know you should make goals specific, measurable, etc. I know! It was my job at one point to help people make a plan to reach their goals, I get the process front ways, sideways, and back to front. I just think I don’t want to add any pressure to myself. I just want to be mindful and keep moving into a healthy happy 2015. Minus the Debt, I do have a “must have now” goal for that!!