Hey everyone! I know, I wrote April. It is not a typo. I feel like March is a wash so I am just going to do a little check in, and try to get back on track/plan with this years goals.
- Contact a family member by phone daily.
- Lose 50 lbs.
- Write a budget monthly.
- Reorganize the blog and blog actual posts ( not just drafts) and find another hobby
- Better vocabulary / no swearing !!
For me goals need constant updating. I am ADD or not motivated like that. People change, needs change, and I get lazy!
- I actually have been really good at calling people more frequently. I facetime my parents every weekend so they can see the little man, and try to work in one phone call with family a day. It does not always happen so I give myself a B-
- My weight loss has sort of stabilized. Long gone are the 4 pound a week losses. I need to refocus on what is going in my body, and moving more. I have started walking with a friend, and trying to stop the mindless eating of junk. C-
- GAH! Well while I did not make a budget, yet, we did a no spend March where we each only got $100, and anything that was not groceries or household musts, went on the card. We had a few out of control months buying stuff for the new house, projects like our farm table, and of course the little guy! B
- I still am writing only posts, but I have started to try to rebrand/freshen up the place. I have been blogging since 2012 and it has changed each year, with me! Blogging in general is no longer a place where people are just talking and sharing, it seems so many of the bloggers who inspired me to start blogging, sharing, connecting, are either done or have changed directions. They now only post those” 10 tips to be a money making blogger, or Make money blogging Today!” posts. I still have some bloggers who I enjoy their story telling so, I am going to continue with them, and for me. D
- We ACTUALLY are doing awesome at this, compared to before. We occasionally drop the bombs on the dog who GETS MORE attention than my son’s birth, yet our move, his presence, Minnie is completed horrible. I am looking into a trainer or doggie Xanax for her anxiety that if she isn’t right next to us she is crying and shaking like we have abandoned her. I commiserate with other beagle owners so I hope a trainer is able to help us as her list of bad habits start with chewing our walls and doors, refusing to go to the bathroom even if she has to, etc etc. Treats are not working, so a lot of cursing happens over Minnie’s antics. C+
Starting to finally feel like a normal person, adjusted in my role as mommy— it feels great! My plan for April is to focus in on each goal, and try to take a little time each day for myself without my husband or baby. Be it a trip to McDonalds for a tea, or long hot bath with a book!
How are your goals or resolutions going?