Tip 2: The buddy system.
I can personally equate all success in my workouts, diet, homework, etc due to a friend doing it with me. Or at least checking in on me. Now that I am away from some of my best motivational buddies I have turned to the blogging world, and I can not say it enough I LOVE IT!
Everyone needs a little support. You may not need a daily check in, or someone telling you to go run, but I believe everyone can benefit from a buddy in some form.
Buddy up for the a Healthier Holiday’s
- Find someone with similar goals for inspiration for your own, or to complete a common goal with
- Support others, helps keep you on track while benefiting a friend!
- Run or walk with a friend can sometimes break up lonely training
- Blog – bloggy friends are INCREDIBLE supports and so fun connecting with others
- Get together and meal prep together, or meal plan.
Lets do this together!
Some of my biggest victories in bettering my health were with friends or in a team setting. Bootcamp was a prime example of me going to class because I knew they took attendance and I enjoyed talking with the other ladies. I have always stuck to resolutions, challenges, training, etc when with friends or people in a similar goal.
– You can find support when you need it.
– Be surrounded by people working towards the same goal- This helps block out the negativity you may get else where ( Anyone else ever criticized in a back handed way “ I could never do that, that is crazy” about you trying to better your health??”
– You just have someone to commiserate with, who will also check in on your goals/ praise you too.
– Someone to help keep you on track and motivated.
Basically it can be whatever you want it to be. It doesn’t mean you need to have a running buddy every time you go out. Feel free to be solo, but during the holidays it may help to have someone who is also trying to better their health on speed dial, quick text, or take with you to help at the parties full of indulgences. Or the grocery store where all the temptations are…
I am so happy to be doing my 24 Day Challenge with my mom and great team :-). I am ALSO so happy I have joined the amazing blogging community. I love all the support and motivation I get from it. For me I love waking up and seeing people in other time zones who have already gotten their run in on twitter! It really motivates me to get out there!